Making tree hut

Last term our teacher said that we were going to build our own tree huts. I brought a lot of recycled things from home and they were boxes, a tissue box, a small block of wood and some jewels.

In the last week of term we started building after we had done our plan of what our tree huts were going to look like. At first I took my box and cut holes for the windows. I made two windows and a door. After that I decided to glue my hut onto one long cardboard tube. Mrs Agnew helped me because she used the glue gun to make it stick. We joined the roll on the bottom onto two heavy bricks. This made it stand nicely.

I made a ladder out of cardboard and sticks so that people can get inside. I also made a bed and a couch out of green cardboard and stuck them inside. And the last day we painted and recycled things from home and they were boxes, a tissue we dried the tree hut and it was nice. 

We had to  do some tests to make sure we had built strong tree huts. My hut did not fall over in front of the fan or let water inside. I was proud of my tree hut.

One thought on “Making tree hut

1. It sounds like you had a lot of fun making the potato people, constructing the castle then creating a movie about it.
    Good job Kamela!!